Console message about missing div?

LarryT9
Participant

I've created an inline signup form on a test HTML page. The form is working; the information gets added to the list correctly, but in the browser console I'm getting a line from logger.js saying:

"Div for inline form (form name) is missing. Was inline code installed?"

My test page is very simple:

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html>
<head>
<title>Constant Contact Test</title>
</head>

<body>
<p>This is the HTML page body.</p>
<!-- Begin Constant Contact Inline Form Code -->
<div class="ctct-inline-form" data-form-id="REMOVED"></div>
<!-- End Constant Contact Inline Form Code -->

<footer>
<p>This is the HTML footer</p>

<!-- Begin Constant Contact Active Forms -->
<script> var _ctct_m = "REMOVED"; </script>
<script id="signupScript" src="//static.ctctcdn.com/js/signup-form-widget/current/signup-form-widget.min.js" async defer></script>
<!-- End Constant Contact Active Forms -->

</footer>

</body>

</html>

I'm getting this console error in both Firefix and Chrome. I wonder if anyone else has seen it and can tell what I'm doing wrong?

1 REPLY 1
William_A

Hello @LarryT9 ,

After speaking with our higher level technical team, they're not finding anything on our end that would be able to troubleshoot this from our side. They're advising reaching out to your website host's support team, to see if they'd have any insight on the error you're receiving on your test page.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
  • Support Tips

Reporting Metrics

"Authenticating your emails is the best way to ensure your emails achieve maximum deliverability. If you have your own domain, setting up self-authentication is especially important! " - Will

See Article
  • Support Tips

Call-To-Action Links

"Target your most engaged contacts by creating a segment. Create a special offer or show your appreciation!" - Caitlin

See Article
  • Support Tips

Read Before You Send a Test Email

"Did you know? You can send unlimited test emails to your verified email address, but only 50 in a 24-hour period to non-verified email addresses." - Nick

See Article