Constant Contact emails going to spam

AnaM3
Participant

Constant Contact emails going to spam

I just sent out a test email and it went to 'promotions' in my personal Gmail account. This is the first time this has happened.

A quick Google search revealed that many Constant Contact users have had similar experiences recently.

Obviously we cannot continue using Constant Contact if our emails are going to our clients spam or junk folders.

Replies suggest that this is a Microsoft issue. 

I need to know what Constant Contact are doing to resolve this.

It is not feasible to ask 5,000 clients to adjust their email account settings, etc. The fix needs to come from Constant Contact.

If this can't happen we will have to look for a new service pronto.

1 REPLY 1
William_D

Hello @AnaM3 ,

The "Promotions" tab in Gmail isn't a spam/junk folder - it's part of the overall inbox. Google's algorithms will usually put emails from ESPs like us and our competitors into that tab, unless the recipient otherwise moves or sets up their inbox to not have them sorted to there. This is standard for the industry in regards to Gmail, and isn't something we're able to change. That said, authentication and especially self-authentication is something you can do on your end to help with Google's algorithms.

For more info on Google's Promotions Inbox tab

Are all of your contacts Gmail users? Do you have anything that would suggest widespread spam filtering in other email clients? Have you reached out to Deliverability yet to discuss this?

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.