Constant Contact isn't saving edits and also messed up formatting!

WSUoc2017
Participant

Constant Contact isn't saving edits and also messed up formatting!

I've been fighting with Constant Contact for days now, trying to create a marketing email for an event. My edits won't save, fonts are different sizes in the test emails vs. what I've programmed, and I finally thought that I had it straightened out, just to see that there was an extra space added between a section heading and title that wasn't in my draft, nor in the sample email; this went out to nearly 4000 people with this error. This is beyond frustrating!! What's happening with this platform? Is there an update coming soon that will patch this, or something on your end that you can do to repair this glitch? Thank you! ~Heidi Medford (heidi.medford@wsu.edu)
1 REPLY 1
Amanda_G
Employee

Hello @WSUoc2017

Based on what you are describing, the inability to save could be connectivity related, or possibly a caching issue or a browser extension interfering with the site's functionality. Let's try some connectivity troubleshooting, and see if this issue occurs in other browsers, or after disabling your extensions. If the issues with saving specifically continue, please reach out to our general support team via phoneIf possible, please have a screenshot of your speed test, including the More Info section, ready for the phone agent.

As for the formatting issues you are experiencing in the editor, this could be related to junk coding being built up from previous repeated copying of templates. This was more chronic in our 2nd generation editor, but it is still known to happen in our 3rd generation editor if many copies of copies of copies are being made. The simplest fix is typically to delete the text or other applicable block entirely, and insert a new one. If the issue is pervasive through your email, you may need to rebuild it from scratch, or work with phone support to reconstruct it. I'd also advise keeping the rebuilt one as a master template. This way you can copy directly from that master every now and then, or every time, to avoid running into this type of issue.

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.