Constant Contact keeps attempting to send to a contact not in our database.

Constant Contact keeps attempting to send to a contact not in our database.

mta4194.mail.bf1.yahoo.com rejected your message to the following email addresses: godisgoodtwome@ymail.com Your message couldn't be delivered. When Office 365 tried to send the message, the external email server returned the error below. This is probably due to a problem or policy setting on the recipient's email system. Check the error for information about the problem. The error might tell you what went wrong and how to fix it. For example, if it says the message was blocked due to a potential virus, try sending the message again without attachments. For Email Admins This error was reported by an email server outside Office 365, and if the sender is unable to fix the problem by modifying their message then it's likely that it's a problem that only the recipient's email admin can fix. Check the error for information about the problem. The error might tell you what went wrong and provide clues for how to fix it. For example, if it says the message was rejected due a Sender Policy Framework (SPF) issue then you'll have to work with your domain registrar to properly configure your SPF record. Check the error for information about where the problem is happening. For example, look for a domain name like contoso.com. This tells you which organization was responsible for the error. The recipient's email server could be causing the problem, or it could be due to a third-party service that your organization or the recipient's organization is using to process or filter email messages. If you can't fix the problem, contact the responsible party's email admin. This could be the recipient's email admin, your smart host service admin, or someone similar. Provide them with the error code and error message from this non-delivery report (NDR) to help them troubleshoot the issue. Unfortunately, Office 365 support is unlikely to be able to help with these kinds of externally reported errors. mta4194.mail.bf1.yahoo.com gave this error: Remote server returned an error -> 554 delivery error: dd Requested mail action aborted - mta4194.mail.bf1.yahoo.com

1 REPLY 1
Amber_L
Employee

Hello @Faith-Behind-Bars-and-Beyond,

I see that we emailed you about this, but I wanted to make sure we posted the response here, just to make sure you don't miss it:

I have looked in to your concern about the email address you mentioned below getting Constant Contact emails even though they are not in your account at all. I have confirmed that email address is not in our database on the back-end either. What appears to be happening is that one of your contacts may be a role address that goes to multiple email accounts. If you can provide us with the name of an email campaign in which this issue is occurring, we are happy to look in to your account further to see if we can find which contact may be going to multiple email addresses.

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.