Constant Contact's email permission policy

SOLVED
Go to solution
ADELMOSR
Rookie
0 Votes

I work for a restaurant who uses OpenTable for online reservations. On a customer's profile when they book the reservation, there is a section with an email and the option for marketing opt-in or opt-out. We also have email cards in the restaurant that the customer can fill out. Am I allowed to use the customer email generated from OpenTable that says they have said yes to "marketing opt in" , Or am I only allowed to use what they write on our printed forms?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ADELMOSR. Great question! As long as you have made it clear to the contact who is opting in that they will be receiving emails from your restaurant, you are good to go with uploading these contacts. I would recommend keeping some kind of record from the restaurant and OpenTable opt-ins on hand in case there is any reason for us to review these signups should a contact state they did not sign up for your emails.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ADELMOSR. Great question! As long as you have made it clear to the contact who is opting in that they will be receiving emails from your restaurant, you are good to go with uploading these contacts. I would recommend keeping some kind of record from the restaurant and OpenTable opt-ins on hand in case there is any reason for us to review these signups should a contact state they did not sign up for your emails.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST