Constant Contact's email permission policy

JessicaM8098
Rookie
0 Votes

Can emails be sent to lists managed within our institution?

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Generally speaking, most workers for an office understand they'll be receiving internal emails, so those fall within email permissions. Do keep in mind that we still need to include unsubscribe links in the legally-required footer of any emails sent through us. 

If you're going to be doing internal sendouts, I'd advise making sure you have self-authentication set up for your account, otherwise the emails are likely to be treated as spam since they're actually coming from a separate source (us), rather than truly internally. If you have a dedicated IT security person or team, you'll also want to make sure they get our domains to safelist.

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JessicaM8098 ,

Can you elaborate any further on the nature of these lists? Like are you a particular team in your organization, and you're asking if you can send emails accumulated by other teams for marketing? Or are you asking if you can send internal emails to other coworkers / affiliates? 

It may be best to call our Review team, as they're most knowledgeable about Compliance nuances.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
JessicaM8098
Rookie
0 Votes

I am asking whether I can send internal emails to internal distribution lists made up of other coworkers?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Generally speaking, most workers for an office understand they'll be receiving internal emails, so those fall within email permissions. Do keep in mind that we still need to include unsubscribe links in the legally-required footer of any emails sent through us. 

If you're going to be doing internal sendouts, I'd advise making sure you have self-authentication set up for your account, otherwise the emails are likely to be treated as spam since they're actually coming from a separate source (us), rather than truly internally. If you have a dedicated IT security person or team, you'll also want to make sure they get our domains to safelist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST