ConstantContact Very Slow

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

ConstantContact Very Slow

CC appears to be the only piece of software than runs on my iMac like molasses. I have tried it on each of my 3 browsers and get the same slow result. Can you offer a suggestion to correct this?

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Employee

Re: ConstantContact Very Slow

Hello @DanMyers,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I apologize that you see slowness on your account with your mac computer. We would love to troubleshoot this with you to see if we can offer any results on how to fix this. Have you tried on a different computer to see if that makes a difference? Can you also check your download and upload speed on speedtest.net. Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Visitor

Same problem on PC with Windows.  Because of all the wait times when saving etc., I just spent over an hour to create a blast that should have taken 15 mins.  It's early Sunday morning...  how busy can the CC database be?

Highlighted
Employee

Hello @MichaelF916,

We are currently not having any issues with our site. If you want to see how our site is doing when you experience slowness take a look at our status page here. Can you please email social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com what you are experiencing, any screenshots of error messages if possible, your upload and download speed from speedtest.net, your username, what browsers you have used, what happened when you tried in incognito mode, and a reference to this post. We need you to provide us with all of this information so we can know what might be wrong. Thanks! 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I believe that the Constant Contact interface has been suffering a gradual decline in speed over the last year or so, and I do believe the problem is on their end. I generally work at very low workload times (2-6AM) and basic messages can take me an hour or two. Round trip times to their server (e.g. during "Save" operations) are ponderous. I have sometimes closed the browser window because I can't tell if it is slow or hung. If an operation takes longer than making a cup of coffee, that just too slow.

I do not believe it is my browser (tried many), machine (hefty memory, lots of free disk space), or connection (35+ Mbps download, 5+ Mbps upload). I believe it is their back end handling update requests from their in-browser client.

To be fair, Constant Contact is trying to do some pretty nifty stuff in a browser ... stuff that Facebook does (very well) but on a *much* smaller budget. I think that their back end technology is not up to the task. Sadly, I think if things get much worse, CC will be borderline unusable and I may have to consider (gulp) a new service for sending emails ... 

Highlighted
Visitor

I am experiencing excruciatingly long lag times when trying to save modules. I walked away, fed my dogs, made a cup of coffee for myself and the module was still not saved.

This has been happening for a few months now.

I love Constant Constant but I don’t have hours to wait for what would normally take 10-15 minutes to create an announcement.

Please check to find out why this is happening.

Highlighted

Hello @TheresaC68 ,

Can you please try the following connectivity troubleshooting steps to see if they alleviate your issue for you at all?

• Does clearing your cache (not the saved passwords, just the cached images and files) alleviate the issue?
  • What browser are you using? Does using a different browser, or using Private/Incognito browsing mitigate the issue?
  • Are there any updates pending for your browser? If so, does updating it let you through?
  • Are there any browser plugins or addons you can disable? Does doing so resolve the issue?
  • Are you using a wireless, wired, or mobile network? If possible, does changing networks or resetting your router let you through?
  • Are you using any security / firewall applications (e.g. Norton, McAfee, AVG, etc.)? Does disabling them for our website, let you through?

We can troubleshoot further, but we need to eliminate those as potential causes before we're able to continue.

William D

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

i’m experiencing very slow save times
Looking at the complaints across the internet , it appears I am not alone and the help desk answers are always the same and never seem to resolve the issue.
This must indicate it is a problem at CC? It would be helpful to know if you have an issue, then we all know what we are dealing with ... please
Highlighted

Hello @nhsManagers ,

It looks like you already emailed about this issue, and someone on our higher level technical team already responded about this. For the sake of transparency, the vast, vast majority of the late night connectivity issues, if they aren't caching or internet speed related, are coming in as reports linked only to customers still using the old, legacy editor we've been retiring since 2017. It appears you are still using these legacy templates, which is why this issue only appears to be affecting you in the evenings.

Their recommendation is to use the current, mobile-compatible editor, as it's far more streamlined and will run smoother in general. As the legacy template builder is being retired, there are unlikely to be any fixes for it going into the future - so you'll eventually have to switch to the new editor regardless. If you need me to resend that response from the technical team, just let me know.

When you're ready to make the switch to the current editor, I'd recommend taking a look at our Knowledge Base for its plethora of helpful articles to ease the transition to our current, mobile-friendly email builder. For starters, you may be interested in this article on transitioning between the two builders

If you'd like one-on-one guidance, our general support agents can work with you live on the phone to get started as well. You can also request to have your legacy template remade in the new editor by one of the professional designers, or to have an entirely new one created for a price.

William D

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Register for our "Making Sense of Online Marketing for Education" Webinar

Join us on Thursday, August 27th at 2pm ET for a free one-hour webinar where we will be covering how to incorporate online marketing into your educational marketing strategy.

Read More
Featured