Consumer Complaint

Participant

Consumer Complaint

I am very upset that you automatically renewed my account and charged my credit card without my permission or without giving me notice. I did not receive an advance email like your phone support person said. I received a receipt email after you had made the charge. I want it credited immediately! Otherwise, I will file a complaint with the WA State Attorney General's Office, Consumer Protection Division. Tamara Fulwyler 

5 REPLIES 5
Administrator

Hello @TamaraF29. When you set up a paid account and enter your credit card information, you do accept our payment Terms and Conditions that state that "Applicable fees will be billed monthly or your pre-paid account will be debited monthly for the Products, even if you are not actively using the Products." To talk to our team and ask for a refund, you will need to contact our billing department at the phone number and hours listed here.

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Participant

A better business practice should be if you are at 600 emails uploaded, and 9 months later decide to upload thousands more..... A POP UP BOX SHOULD ALERT  that it exceeds the current subscription costs and do you want to proceed!   Just saysin!

@TamaraF29 wrote:

I am very upset that you automatically renewed my account and charged my credit card without my permission or without giving me notice. I did not receive an advance email like your phone support person said. I received a receipt email after you had made the charge. I want it credited immediately! Otherwise, I will file a complaint with the WA State Attorney General's Office, Consumer Protection Division. Tamara Fulwyler 

@TamaraF29 wrote:

Hello @GregB1063,

That is some very valuable feedback! I will be sure to submit that as a suggestion to the team that handles those kinds of notifications and alerts. We definitely appreciate the suggestions. Keep them coming!

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

-Curtis P
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Participant

I just received an email saying we were charged for our monthly fee.  We are not using the service so I called to cancel immediately.  I was told that I still had to pay the additional month because they do not do any credits, there is no process in place to credit our bank account.  What a rip off!

Hello @StephanieM0897 ,

We're sorry about your experience. We can't go into explicit billing details regarding your account for security reasons, but we did get a ticket submitted to our billing team to provide further insight on their policies, and your account specifically. One of these agents will reach out with any further updates. 

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.