Contact List Automation

Participant

Contact List Automation

Is it possible to create lists that automatically update when new contacts are added? For example, lets say i have a list with everyone in zipcode 29999. I would like that list to be updated to include anyone who is added to contacts that has a zip code of 29999. Possible?

Thanks for your assistance.

3 REPLIES 3
Employee

@CPBII

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. That is a great question! If you are wanting to sort your contacts further by zip code, I would recommend creating a tag. Tags allow all of your contacts to belong to one list (or more) and be filtered separately. You can find more information about tags by clicking here. If you have any further questions please feel free to reach out to us here. Have a wonderful day!

Taryn Leinweber
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Thanks for the reply and the suggestion. However, I don't think it answers the basic question. Whether it is tags or lists, is there a way for a newly added contact to be automatically added to a list or a tag without having to manually add the contact to either one.

Thanks.

Hello @CPBII. There is a way to assign tags during the upload process so your contacts will be appropriately tagged when they are added to your account. Here is a link to our Help Center that provides more information about this. It is important to note that you can't create new tags when uploading a file. In order to make sure that your contacts are tagged when importing, create your tags first before importing your file.

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.