The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Contact List Keeps Changing By Itself

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Contact List Keeps Changing By Itself

I take care of the constant contact emails for 3 churches in my area. Twice in the last year, my contact lists have some how been altered and as a result, some people didn't get the last email. What i going on?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Contact List Keeps Changing By Itself

Hello @ChristopherC81128,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! It sounds like these contacts may be unsubscribing or bouncing, and that could be why they are not receiving your emails. Your contact lists will only change if someone who has access to the account edits them, if a contact asks to leave the list by selecting unsubscribe, or if the email address is not active anymore and bounces. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply, however, it's not an issue of bounces or people unsubscribing. The 3 contact lists have been altered somehow. This is not the first time this has happened. I'm getting really tired of all the excuses I've gotten from Constant Contact over the years. Glitch after glitch, problem after problem, and I keep getting blamed by my boss. If I don't get a REAL answer, I doubt we will continue with our account. This is getting ridiculous. 

I now have to redo all three contact lists. Thanks a lot. 

Chris C

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi @ChristopherC81128. I'm sorry to hear this has been happening. We can look into this further for but we will need some additional information about what exactly you're experiencing. Please email us at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the following:

• What do you mean by "glitching"? Are contacts being removed?
  • Did you make any updates to your lists before noticing these changes, such as file uploads or deleting contacts?
  • Do you have examples of contacts that were removed from lists that should have been there?

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured