Contact complains that he is receiving SMS notifications on his phone when we send emails to him

VirginiaK4
Participant

Contact complains that he is receiving SMS notifications on his phone when we send emails to him

We received an email from one of our contacts that states: "Every 7 or 8 days I receive a text message from you with the words "Subject: McNeese E-Newsletter Great thing". I assume that somehow I got subscribed with my phone number instead of an email address.  I don't remember subscribing.  This has been going on for years."

We aren't sending any SMS notifications and we don't even have his phone number listed in his contact info. I'm assuming that he somehow set up an SMS alert through his email provider, but I wanted to post here just in case there is something I'm missing. I do find the following notation in his engagement history:

Nov 6, 2013    3:26pm 

• profile.engagement.text.em_opens.undefined

but I'm not sure what that means or if it has anything to do with the SMS notifications at all.

Has anyone else had this issue or am I not looking in the right place for the SMS notification settings?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
William_D

Hello @VirginiaK4 ,

I just sent an email to your account's main email address. Could you please reply to that with either the name or email address of the contact so we can investigate in further detail?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.