Contact fields are inconsistent

Stone_Harbor_Museum
Regular Participant

Contact fields are inconsistent

Hello:

After the latest upgrade, the contact fields are a mess.  We were maintaining two custom fields for addresses - Other and Vacation - but the upgrade provided a field for 'other' as a default.  We deleted the custom fields and want to add them to the 'other' default field but that field is not available in a bulk update from excel.  The field can only be used when adding a single contact.

When we run an export, we end up with fields for 'other', 'vacation', and a new one called 'Home 2' which we can't find anywhere.  Plus, all of the data that was in the 'other' and 'vacation' fields is still there.  It should have been removed when we deleted the custom fields.

Any word on getting this straightened out.  This is a mess.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Kara_D
Employee

Hi !

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. You have brought two issues to our attention that we were not previously tracking! I have sent a case over to our Tier 2 team to do some additional research and write these issues up, so we can start tracking them. They will reach out to you if they need additional information. 

Kara.D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.