Contact unsubscribe from one list

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jen1976
Rookie

I am wondering if when a contact unsubscribes themselves through an email- do they unsubscribe from that list only? Or are the unsubscribed from all lists that they are on?

If they are subscribed from all lists, is there a way for them to simply "update their preferences" rather than unsubscribe completely?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Jen1976 ,

When a contact unsubscribes they're unsubscribing from your account, meaning you cannot send them any further emails unless they resubscribe. By default there's also an "Update Profile" option in the footer next to the unsubscibe link, unless you've turned it off in your account Settings

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Jen1976 ,

When a contact unsubscribes they're unsubscribing from your account, meaning you cannot send them any further emails unless they resubscribe. By default there's also an "Update Profile" option in the footer next to the unsubscibe link, unless you've turned it off in your account Settings

William A
ChadD255
Campaign Collaborator

Is there a way that when they click unsubscribe it takes them to the update preferences page instead of automatically unsubscribing them from everything?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If you've provided multiple list options for your Update Profile form, then those options will appear as alternatives to add/remove themselves from on the same page they'd be confirming the email address they wish to unsubscribe.

William A
ChadD255
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

For some reason it is not doing that.  It is exactly what I want it to do though.  But every time that I got to unsubscribe it doesn't give me that option, even though the email address I am on is on 3 different lists. 

William_A
Administrator

I checked your account, and you don't have any lists selected for your UP form. Please follow the instructions in the UP article linked earlier, to make sure you're adding those lists as selectable options.

William A
ChadD255
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

That was what I was missing!  Thank you so much. 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST