The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Contacts have been 'unsubscribed by me' even though I didn't unsubscribe them

Highlighted
Established Member

Contacts have been 'unsubscribed by me' even though I didn't unsubscribe them

I send an email newsletter to our 4000+ employees each week (and now daily, due to the coronavirus outbreak) and I am hearing from many of our employees that they are not receiving the email. When I go to look them up in the contact database, it says they were 'unsubscribed by you' at some point in the past - the date varies broadly. I am not unsubscribing employees from our database so I don't know how this is happening. 

My only guess is that it might have to do with the way our list is managed - every week, we run a report of every active employee and upload their email address as a new list, then we delete the old list from the previous week. This way, we only send to active employees - new employees added, former employees removed. This doesn't seem like the ideal way to handle our list (the process was in place before I started here) and I'm wondering if this is the culprit for our mystery unsubscribes. Is there a better way to be handling this list? Or is something else causing my problem? It's getting to be a real pain to have to add employees back to the list all the time.

Thanks! 

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Contacts have been 'unsubscribed by me' even though I didn't unsubscribe them

Hi @JoCoPIO 

Thank you for reaching out about your contacts! Though our Chat Support was able to further assist, I wanted to make sure we shared our response here in the Community as well. The contact examples you provided this team did display to have been unsubscribed through your account as described. They suggested your contacts may have been accidentally unsubscribed by another user on your account through our bulk upload of unsubscribed contacts feature.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured