Contacts in same company have different deliverability?

SOLVED
Go to solution
ShannonH501
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

Hi,

This has happened a few times now. I'll get a message from a contact saying they received an email but their coworker (same domain) did not. I'll go in an ensure that the recipient who did not receive the email is on the list, didn't bounce, etc.  It always says the emails were sent, but never opened or engaged with. 

ShannonH501_0-1651606606137.png

If one recipient from the company is receiving emails, and the other one is not, what could be causing that? It's not appearing in their spam folder, and there must not be firewall systems if one recipient is receiving the emails, right? 

Another thought was that the recipient who is receiving has been on our distribution list for years whereas the one who is not has been for about 45 days. Not sure if that matters or how to overcome that. 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @ShannonH501 , 

I do apologize that you are running into that! It is possible that one of the contacts has your email address safelisted, while the other does not. It would be advisable to have the contact who is not receiving your emails add you to their safe sender list. We also always recommend having the recipient safelist Constant Contact's web domains and IP addresses in their security program

If those steps have been followed and there are still delivery issues, I would advise reaching out to our Delivery team at  1-866-433-8499. They are the best people to troubleshoot these situations. They are here during the following hours: 

Monday-Thursday: 6 a.m. - 8 p.m. MT or 8 a.m.- 10 p.m. ET

Friday: 6 a.m. - 7 p.m. MT or 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. ET

Saturday - Sunday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. MT or 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @ShannonH501 , 

I do apologize that you are running into that! It is possible that one of the contacts has your email address safelisted, while the other does not. It would be advisable to have the contact who is not receiving your emails add you to their safe sender list. We also always recommend having the recipient safelist Constant Contact's web domains and IP addresses in their security program

If those steps have been followed and there are still delivery issues, I would advise reaching out to our Delivery team at  1-866-433-8499. They are the best people to troubleshoot these situations. They are here during the following hours: 

Monday-Thursday: 6 a.m. - 8 p.m. MT or 8 a.m.- 10 p.m. ET

Friday: 6 a.m. - 7 p.m. MT or 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. ET

Saturday - Sunday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. MT or 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST