The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Content unexpectedly erased

Highlighted
Visitor

Content unexpectedly erased

I was working on a newsletter and when I went to save the page refreshed and all my content had been erased back to the last save.  Why did this happen and is there any chance of recovering it?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Administrator

Re: Content unexpectedly erased

Hello @ChristinaT3. I apologize that this happened to you. Unfortunately, we are not able to restore the campaign with the content that had been erased. I want to ask a few questions so we can find out why this happened.

• What browser were you using? Has this happened before in any other browser?
  • Did you see any messages either while you were working on the campaign or when you went to save it?
  • Did anyone else have access to the account who might have been working in the account at the same time?

If you can get this information, we would appreciate it and then we can investigate this more for you.

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

A related question about the gray box that says "logging you out in 15 minutes... you won't lose your work... and so on..."  If you haven't manually saved your work up to that point and it logs you out, is it supposed to save what you have done anyway, or does it figure that if you haven't saved it, you don't care about it?
Twice this morning it has lost a LOT of work when I was unexpectedly taken away from my desk.
Firefox, most recent version.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

A further update.  The gray box came back along with the gray screen of death. Couldn't do anything.  So I let it log me out.  When I clicked the ok button on the "you've been logged out" screen, it logged me back in and automatically took me to the ORIGINAL version of the email - not the one with all the edits (seen in the background of the screenshot).  After throwing up my hands in disgust, I closed that and went to the campaigns, where lo and behold the one with all the edits was sitting there, saved with all the edits accurately reflected. So, well, something is still very wrong with the gray screen of death, at least in firefox.

Gray screen of deathGray screen of death

Highlighted

Hello @Anonymous,

I'm so sorry this issue is occurring for you. After reviewing your screenshot and comparing it to my own Firefox it appears your version of Firefox is not up to date. I would be curious if updating it to the latest version might yield positive results? Additionally, I encourage you to try another browser to see if the issue persists. At the very least it will indicate that the issue stems from the current browser you're using. Please let us know if any of this works!

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nick,

Alas, my firefox is up to date (or so it says - screenshot below).  Don't know if it matters or not, but I'm on a PC running Windows 10 Pro.

The situation doesn't happen in Chrome (at least not now) but I am loathe to do much in Chrome because it has such a habit of having nuisance updates that mess things up. Firefox has long been the stable browser for CC, at least in my experience. 

I know it's a personal preference thing, but I have rather carefully configured workflows in three different browser platforms.  That is, there are certain things I do in a certain browser, and only there, because of how the screens are laid out or certain good (or bad) add-ons or other cool factors. I guess for now I will just be v-e-r-y careful to save my CC work and not let it get to the point of CC displaying the "we're gonna log you out screen." It will be good for me to be, huh?

Thanks for checking this out, at any rate.

firefox 53.JPG

Highlighted
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for the additional information and we certainly understand preferences when it comes to web browsers! Thanks for trying it in another web browser to see if that helped. You might also want to try making some small adjustments in your web browser of choice. This problem is usually resolved by optimizing your internet connection. If you continue to have issues, please try the following: 

- Use a web browser supported by Constant Contact
- Clear your web browser's cache
- Enable cookies in your web browser
- Whitelist Constant Contact in your security program

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Same thing just happened to me. SO frustrated. I had been saving all along the way. I hate this service, but am forced to use as my only alternative. What's the fix.

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi @FirstNameL513963. I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you as well. In order to assist you, we'll need some more information:

• Did you see any error messages while working in your account?
  • Did the email revert to a previously saved version? 
  • What changes were made to the email (adding images, adding text, etc)?
  • Were all the changes made during the same editing session?

Caitlin M.
Community Manager

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured