Convert from campaign to social media post

ChrisP8461
Occasional Participant

Convert from campaign to social media post

I have created a campaign for an e blast but need help with how I can convert this to a social media post versus needing to recreate the entire post within the social category.

5 REPLIES 5
William_D

Hello @ChrisP8461 ,

Once the email is sent for real, you can take its share link and add it to your share post.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
ChrisP8461
Occasional Participant

Yes but no. 

We had a third party graphic designer post on social media and have it look identical to the e blast campaign that was sent.  Copying the link does not do this and only provides a link that needs to be clicked.

Just to make sure I'm clear @ChrisP8461 , you're wanting a full email to be converted into a social media post - images, links, coloring and all?

That won't really be possible in our system in general with the layout, etc. You'd essentially need to work within the social media's system to upload and share images, add links and relevant descriptions / text blurbs, etc.

Ultimately, it just wouldn't look or feel the same, which is why using the share link and a relevant image in your post is the best method for keeping followers engaged with your material, while also maintaining the layout and appearance of your email design.

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
ChrisP8461
Occasional Participant

For example attached is what has been done in the past .  The most recent posted today is what you suggested to do the others were from the third party graphic designer.  Do you think the prior social posts were recreated in their entirety for a social post and not just a click of the button to convert from e blast campaign to social post?  Seems like there should be an easier way to do this.Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG  

Looking at the posts that were made @ChrisP8461 , this is how it works. When you make a social media post, you can include another image, as well as text (and fitting within the social media's character limits). Based on what your graphical designer made, it looks like they just merged several of the emails' relevant images together in an outside program.

Ultimately, it's suggested (and typically a best practice) to just include the most relevant image as part of the post, link your email's share url, and do a simple, straightforward writeup, along with the relevant hashtags.

For more social media engagement best practices

William D