ScottB5192
Rookie
0 Votes

Copy Social Post In Campaigns > Calendar View

6 REPLIES 6
Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @ScottB5192

How would you expect to copy social posts from the calendar view in your account? The same way you can copy an email campaign from this calendar view?

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
ScottB5192
Rookie
0 Votes

That is correct, however every session I log in to accomplish this with some more "institutional" posts for a group of Pharmacies, I copy and schedule a few (after editing) and then I get the error message "something went wrong, please refresh the page and try again later" when I try to continue. I do refresh the page but no luck, I then clear browser cache and log out/in but the error persists.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ScottB5192 ,

Does this error seem to occur in other browsers, or while in Incognito / Private mode? Also, does the issue seem to occur with only certain posts, containing a specific image, or while including / excluding certain social pages? Does it seem to occur with posts scheduled past a certain number of days, or for a specific future time on the same day? 

I was able to successfully copy and schedule a social post with some basic edits, but I'm wanting to avoid doing anymore troubleshooting in your account without having you available to expediently delete posts. If we can collect more data from the above questions, it can help us troubleshoot this further and narrow down the source of the issue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
ScottB5192
Rookie
0 Votes

It occurs in Google Chrome (both normal and Incognitio) It does not matter the type of image or even whether there is an image included in the post or not. The timing of the existing post to be copied does not matter it appears as I get the error with posts 3 weeks ago as well as ones that are 2 days old. The last part of your question is not possible as it fails with that error before I get to schedule it?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Thank you very much for that info. It's a very sporadic glitch our devs have received a few reports about, so they're still troubleshooting and collecting info on what might be causing it. I've submitted your case to their queue for further review, and with the information you've provided, as well as my own troubleshooting. If and when they have an update regarding it, they'll notify you directly. At this time, since there's not much info to go off of, just based on reports, there isn't an ETA on a resolution.

In the meantime, they're suggesting using the regular list view to copy particular social posts (or other campaigns), if that error occurs for one in the calendar view.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
ScottB5192
Rookie
0 Votes

ScottB5192_0-1651256873940.png

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST