Copy an email

Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hello everyone!

I apologize for any inconvenience caused from this Copy feature not being available on your campaign. The ability to copy Legacy Newsletter templates has been disabled since we are moving forward with our updated editor and are dedicating resources to making this editor the best it can be. Because of this we would recommend recreating your template in our updated editor. This updated editor does have the ability to be copied. With that said, are there any features in particular that are causing you to continue copying these Legacy Newsletter Templates? We welcome any feedback about this editor so we can forward your thoughts to our Product team.

Highlighted

Re: Can no longer copy previous news letters????

Hello @ShannonL34 ,

We apologize for the inconvenience. However, we have been moving away from the legacy editors ever since our mobile-friendly template builder was introduced several years ago. With that said, taking a look at your account - yours was part of one of the latest waves we emailed to about this transition. 

If you'd like more information on making the switch from the old Legacy editor to the current one, feel free to check out this article. Our Knowledge Base has a ton of information available on building emails to help ease this transition further.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Where did Copy feature go?

The copy feature is missing. This is what I use to start every single campaign. You have lost my business if it is gone. Please advice. Thanks.
Tags (2)
Highlighted

Re: Where did Copy feature go?

Hello @MelissaW50 ,

It looks like you've been using the legacy email builder, which we've been transitioning from for the past few years. It appears your account was included in the latest wave of transitions, which we've been sending emails out about for accounts that are affected by this shift. 

I'd recommend checking out our article on switching from the old editor to the new one. We have all kinds of resources on both regular site, as well as articles, guides, and tutorials on Knowledge Base. These can be extremely useful to ease the transition between editors, and to better understand our current, mobile-friendly editor.

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Re: Where did Copy feature go?

If I manage to find a couple of hours to re-create my email will I then be able to copy the new one?  Or, are you expecting us to re-create every email from scratch?  80% of these go into junk boxes. The only reason I keep it is for the convenience of a quick blast as 90% of my sales are website direct or from personal emails. Thanks.

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

No longer able to copy from my usual email campaigns! So frustrating and a waste of precious time!!!

I love using Constant Contact because it is fast to use, I can create a campaign in very little time and send it out at the drop of a hat. Now, that is no longer the case. It is INCREDIBLY frustrating that I can not longer copy a previous email that I created, and just update the info. And your reasoning that the graphics and detail get corrupted over tie is absolutely no true. My campaigns are crisp, clear, no bugs, no slowness at all. 

PLEASE give us back the copy feature, or I will very quickly change to Vertical Response, which I used to use and also love for its simplicity and fast ability to copy from prior campaigns.

I am more than disappointed.

So... instead of sending out a quick reminder email today for a deadline on MONDAY... I now have to spend my weekend figuring out how to create  new one. Thanks, CC

Highlighted
Employee

Re: No longer able to copy from my usual email campaigns! So frustrating and a waste of precious tim

Hello @TaoHouse,

I took a look in your account and it looks like the copy feature has been removed from your account because you are using the older, not mobile responsive version of Constant Contact. You will need to create a new email campaign in order to use the copy feature again using our mobile responsive and user friendly templates. We can submit a request to convert your last email into the new updated system. That will take up to 3-4 business days to complete. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Unfortunately, the older templates you are using may have formatting issues when sending and are not mobile responsive. 

Zoe H.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Visitor

COPY A PREVIOUS CAMPAIGN LAYOUT

Suddenly the COPY option is gone from my list of email campaign layouts. It seems like I have to create a NEW layout every time I want to send something. I have a lot of standard layouts that I update and resend and now I cannot. How do I access my previous layouts so I can update and send again. I dont want to just resend, I need to update the email information.

When creating a new layout - it is really cumbersome and slow. I just want to use what I had.

Highlighted
Employee

Re: COPY A PREVIOUS CAMPAIGN LAYOUT

Hello @PaulaL35,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

Zoe H.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Visitor

Re: Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

Bring back the copy feature for my emails! I cannot take the time to recreate every layout I have every time I want to send it

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Can't Copy an email to edit! I need to send out an email tonight. Chat/customer service is closed!

I need to send out an email tonight.  The chat and customer service is closed!

The copy command is not present any longer.  Please advise on how I can access.

Thank you!

Register for our "Making Sense of Online Marketing for Retail" Webinar

Join us on Thursday, August 13th at 2pm ET for a free webinar where we'll discuss how to incorporate online marketing into your retail store.

Read More
Featured