Copying a Block

ttw001
Regular Participant

Copying a Block

I see other postings expressing concern about the inability to copy a block as HTML in the 3G editor as we could in the 2GE. We expressed concern about this when we were part of a panel that gave input for the new editor. We produce an instructional e-mail 6 days a week for over 13,000 subscribers. Two blocks (out of eight total) are the same each day for the full week and include ten external links. It is a pain to have to re-create and test them for each day rather than just copying two blocks of code as we could in the past. Copying the first day's e-mail for each succeeding day is not a good option for us because of differences in each day's content in the other six blocks. Has there been any progress on this issue? Let me add our voice to those who would very much like to see block-level HTML copy functionality (or something that will accomplish the same goal) in the 3G editor.

3 REPLIES 3
Amy_Y
Employee

Hi, Thank you for the feedback. With respect to copying a block in 3G, there is a feature to accomplish this. If you hover to the right of the block you want to duplicate a vertical three part tool will appear, select the middle tool which is a wheel, you can then choose duplicate which is the middle tool ( between the paint bucket and the garbage can). If you need further assistance, please let us know. 

Amy Y.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right
strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
ttw001
Regular Participant

Thank you, but as best I can see, this does not do what we need. We need to copy blocks from one e-mail to another, not merely duplicate a block within an e-mail. 

Hello @ttw001,

Thank you so much for your feedback! I will be sure to submit this to the correct department and you will be contacted with any updates. Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.