Create a list of non-openers

SOLVED
Go to solution
ValJ3
Rookie

Is there a way to identify the email addresses of contacts who habitually do not open their emails? I'd like to remove them from our "active" list.

Thanks for any ideas!

Val

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amber_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @ValJ3, you can view a record of your contacts engagement, which are called segments! You can view a segment for who hasn't opened your last 5 emails or who hasn't opened an email from you in a year, for example! Here is an article and a video tutorial that explains the segment feature in more detail! Once you have that segment of your less engaged contacts, you can add them to their own list. If you added them to a 'To be Deleted" list, you can open that list, select all contacts, click on the Actions tab, choose Remove from List, and select to remove them from your "Active" list. 

Amber.G
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Amber_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @ValJ3, you can view a record of your contacts engagement, which are called segments! You can view a segment for who hasn't opened your last 5 emails or who hasn't opened an email from you in a year, for example! Here is an article and a video tutorial that explains the segment feature in more detail! Once you have that segment of your less engaged contacts, you can add them to their own list. If you added them to a 'To be Deleted" list, you can open that list, select all contacts, click on the Actions tab, choose Remove from List, and select to remove them from your "Active" list. 

Amber.G
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST