Create an email from a PDF

SOLVED
Go to solution
MistyT779
Rookie
0 Votes

My company recently started making newsletters, and we are sending them out through the email function. However, all of our files are over the 5MB restriction. Is there a way to expand the size requirement? I've tried compressing my PDFs using adobe, but it takes away the pictures when I do. Looking for more solutions, please!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MistyT779 ,

If you're unable to compress your PDF smaller than 5MB, I'd advise finding other ways to reduce its size, such as splitting it into multiple PDF files (if it's a multiple page PDF), or seeing if you can use the original program to shrink the overall page size of the PDF.

Otherwise, the easiest solution would be to just host it on another cloud drive, use a 3rd party site to make a first page PNG (or PNGs of all the pages) to add to your email, and use the share URL from that in your email.

See also:

Text links

Image links

Button links

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MistyT779 ,

If you're unable to compress your PDF smaller than 5MB, I'd advise finding other ways to reduce its size, such as splitting it into multiple PDF files (if it's a multiple page PDF), or seeing if you can use the original program to shrink the overall page size of the PDF.

Otherwise, the easiest solution would be to just host it on another cloud drive, use a 3rd party site to make a first page PNG (or PNGs of all the pages) to add to your email, and use the share URL from that in your email.

See also:

Text links

Image links

Button links

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST