We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Create and manage contact lists

LoisJ
Participant

Create and manage contact lists

I can't seem to find a way to copy a contact list, then make some changes to it and save it by a different name. This seems like a very important and simple thing to do. Otherwise it looks like I have to go through my entire general list and add each person to a new list with another name, which is incredibly time consuming. Any thoughts?

Thank You!

1 REPLY 1
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @LoisJ. You can copy contacts from one list and add them to another. This article outlines how to manage contacts and Step 5 has a screenshot of the Actions dropdown you will use. It sounds like the best approach would be to select all of the contacts on the list using the checkbox at the top and clicking Add to List under Actions. This window has the option of creating a new list. In this new list, you can make the appropriate changes.

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.