Creating multiple audiences (one email, two names)

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Creating multiple audiences (one email, two names)

I'm trying to create multiple audiences.  My organization serves youth, but there is usually only one email address provided for the youth's account (the parent's email).  I want to set things up so that I can personalize emails to the youth's names (in some cases) and the parent's names in other cases.  From what I can tell, adding a new contact with the same email address will simply overwrite the current info (name, etc).

This can be done in mailchimp, I believe, hoping it can be done in constant contact as well.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Creating multiple audiences (one email, two names)

Hello @MarkR170,

The best way to use the same email address for 2 different contacts is to use a custom field.  When you upload the list, assign the secondary name to the custom field (i.e. Student name). Once you have the secondary names saved into the records of the primaries, you can run a Segment to create a list (i.e. Students List) to send the email that is specialized to the secondary name.

Timothy_G
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.