Cross Device Editor Problems

SOAR365
Occasional Participant

Cross Device Editor Problems

We're using the cross device editor to create accessible emails, as our mission is to help individuals with disabilities.

However, when viewing the emails in Outlook on a desktop, text stretches and scrolls left to right, while the images are bound to the 600 wide format. The result is a layout without any structure. 

1. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

2. Is there a way to create a border around emails in the cross device editor? 

3. When will the cross device editor officially be supported, and not a beta version?

4. Please add line spacing as an options in the cross device editor.

Thank you for your help.

- Kelly

4 REPLIES 4
Kara_D
Employee

Hi !

Thanks for reaching out to the Community with your questions. I will do my best to address each one for you

1. [Outlook Stretching] Is there a way to prevent this from happening?
There are a variety of reasons your email may be stretched in Outlook, and we will need some additional information to properly troubleshoot. 

• What version of Outlook are you using?
  • Does the stretching only happen when using a multiple column block?
  • Can you share a screenshot?

2. Is there a way to create a border around emails in the cross device editor?
When you are editing a Cross Platform Editor (CPE) template on your desktop you have access to several layout options, and Article with Border is one of them.

2021-02-18_17-07-15.png

3. When will the cross device editor officially be supported, and not a beta version?

We provide support for it now, and are working to make improvements! New features in the Cross Device Editor

4. Please add line spacing as an option in the cross device editor.

I have tracked this feature for you!

Kara.D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
SOAR365
Occasional Participant

Thank you for your response.

After further investigation, the cross platform editor doesn't provide the basics for accessibility. Namely, you cannot add alt tags to images. I'm curious how it's considered ADA compliant. And, I'd like to know how it differs in accessibility from the regular editor.

Also, I needed a way to place a border around the entire email, not just an article. This option is available in the third-generation editor.

Now, for another accessibility concern, it appears there's no way to change the color of visited links. The color of visited links is dark purple - which is troublesome for individuals who are color-blind. It also limits the colors you can use for the buttons in general.

Please let me know if there are any workarounds.

Thank you.

Hello @SOAR365,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We will be sure to submit it all for you. Take a look at the screenshot below to see how to update the color of the links in the body of your email. Thanks! 

Zoe_H_0-1613922682949.png

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
SOAR365
Occasional Participant

Hello,

I'm referring to an ACTIVE link - one that's been pressed and released. Once a link is clicked, it turns purple. Is there any way to change that color?

Thanks,

Kelly