The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Cryptic sender address generated by CC - Emails not opened as they look suspicious

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Cryptic sender address generated by CC - Emails not opened as they look suspicious

I have read the guidelines on authentication at 5629-constant-contact- ... They do not work with earthlink (according to the technician at CC). I want my messages sent by me@earthlink.net, not by the cryptic and suspicious sender generated by CC, as people are suspicious and do not open them. I cannot change my email address at earthlink now as too many people use it. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Cryptic sender address generated by CC - Emails not opened as they look suspicious

Hello @Francois-MarieP ,

For a little more insight, Earthlink and similar webmail companies (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, Live, etc.) cannot be used for self-authentication since they have the final say on their domains. Self-authentication requires your own domain. If Earthlink is your preference / only option, then using the Constant Contact authentication would be the best way to do it. 

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Cryptic sender address generated by CC - Emails not opened as they look suspicious

Thank you William. Yes, this is what a very pleasant and competent colleague of yours told me in a screen sharing session. As mentioned in the "authentication" page of CC's website, "The .com at the end of your email address is replaced with .ccsend. For example, sharon@sharondemoneicpa.com becomes sharon@sharondemoneicpa.ccsend.com."

The outcome of this is that some people do not open the email because of the puzzling and suspicious ending   ccsend.com. Not knowing better, I have not opened many messages from Contact, thinking that these emails were fake, spam or containing virus. I think that this is a major flaw which should be addressed. There might be a way already, but I do not know how.

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi @Francois-MarieP. I understand what you mean and it's a valid concern. Depending on the email client, the display or From name may be showing before the email address or even in place of it. I would recommend you use a From Name in your Constant Contact emails that is recognizable to your contacts, such as your full name if they usually speak with you directly or the name of your organization. This helps the email look familiar to them in the inbox.

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

This is what I did, upon the advice of one of your colleagues. However, the extension to the address generated by Constant Contact arises suspicion. I often receive emails posing as people I know, using their names (the "I lost my wallet and I am stranded in the Philippines" type, and a lot of spam), so I check the extension and decide whether to open or not. Half of my emails sent by CC have not been opened, by people I have been in touch with for years, I called a couple and they said "yes, I saw the message but it did not look being from you."

QUESTION: Is there a service at Constant Contact which provides detailed assistance, even if I have to pay for it? I received some good basic assistance by chance in the past, but it did not solve the problem. Thank you.

Highlighted

Hello @Francois-MarieP ,

The only other option would be to make your own domain, which is something you'll need to do on your own. Ultimately it'll come down to you having to communicate to your contacts that either a) they need to accept the CTCT-authentication, or b) you'll be using a new from-email-address with your own domain.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured