Custom Field

SOLVED
Go to solution
BENJAMINS107
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Can a link such as "https://form.jotform.com/220735785213153/prefill/624250753034b20eba74b64a3080" be placed in a custom field for a contact?

BSS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @BENJAMINS107,

Thank you for that video! Yes, you are doing everything absolutely correct. You won't see those links in action until you send it to someone with those custom fields attached to their email address under contact details. You will want to add these custom fields to your own email address as well in order to see it in preview mode. Please go to the contacts tab in order to add that those unique custom fields to each email address as shown in the screenshot. 

Zoe_H_0-1649016346353.png

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @BENJAMINS107,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! Custom fields can have any contact specific details inserted. If your customers all need a specific link inserted in your campaign like the one you have above, that is completely possible! Thanks. 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
BENJAMINS107
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Well, can the link be clickable in an email, and if so, how should I do it?

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @BENJAMINS107,

Yes it can! Please select this helpful article here to see how to Create and Insert your custom fields into an email. You will insert the custom field you create into an email and it will automatically populate for everyone that has this custom field attached to their contact details. Thanks! 

Zoe H.

BENJAMINS107
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

For some reason I cannot get this link to work. What am I doing wrong?

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @BENJAMINS107,

This custom field link will only appear if your customers have this link attached to a custom field in their contact details. A way to test this would be to add this link to your contact details as a custom field as shown in the article above or in this screenshot below: 

Zoe_H_0-1649011091351.png

Zoe H.

BENJAMINS107
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I thought is was better to show you what I am doing. Please click below:

Short Video 

Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @BENJAMINS107,

Thank you for that video! Yes, you are doing everything absolutely correct. You won't see those links in action until you send it to someone with those custom fields attached to their email address under contact details. You will want to add these custom fields to your own email address as well in order to see it in preview mode. Please go to the contacts tab in order to add that those unique custom fields to each email address as shown in the screenshot. 

Zoe_H_0-1649016346353.png

Zoe H.

BENJAMINS107
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

You are right, it shows up in the actual email.  Thank you so much.

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @BENJAMINS107,

Of course! Have a wonderful rest of your day. 

Zoe H.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST