Custom Fields aren't showing up in the Link Contact Details List

Participant

Custom Fields aren't showing up in the Link Contact Details List

Let me preface with I'm new to this platform, I'm about four days in, stepping in for another employee who left us, so I'm trying to navigate through this.

I have an email that requires FOUR fields from the contact list to be merged in; these are all custom fields. The information is in the contact list; BUT, when I go to LINK the custom fields, only SOME of those field titles are showing up. 

Is there a limit to the number of personalized fields that can be merged into an email or a secret that I can't find to get the field names to show up in the list of options??

Thank you so much for the help!

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @HOBY 

These are great questions! The good news is there's no limit to how many custom fields you can insert into an email campaign. In fact I can see you these custom fields have been inserted correctly in your most recent campaign. Where are you not seeing these fields appear? Are you checking in a preview or a test email? If so, it's important to point out custom fields do not appear in a preview or test email. Instead I would suggest scheduling this campaign to a test list with just your email address. If these fields are included in your contact details, you will see the information be added into your email. If the email looks good you can then schedule it to the rest of your contacts, or copy the email and make any further updates.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Nope, still not resolved!

I spent an hour with the chat yesterday, only to have them send me a link to an article I've already read and doesn't address my problem.

The problem I'm having is that once I have entered the custom fields (created them, labeled them in the import of contacts), when I pull down the LIST of "contact details" not all of the fields are showing up!! So, whereas it looks like I've successfully added the merge fields, I have, for those fields that show up in the list - but MANY of the custom fields aren't showing up in my list. This is very frustrating and I'm ready to ditch ConstantContact if I can't get this system to work!!

Hi @HOBY 

Thank you for clarifying this experience! I apologize if I misunderstood these fields as missing in your email rather than the drop-down to insert them. At this time the insert contacts detail drop-down is limited to 48 custom fields. It appears you had 59 custom fields which caused this cut off. The workaround we suggest in these cases is to delete custom fields to be at or below 48 total.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.