Custom Inner Background Image?

SOLVED
Go to solution
UPCDisplays
Rookie

Hello, I sampled the Juneteenth template because I noticed the little firework that appears to be integrated into the inner background. I cannot manipulate this image in any way that I've tried. Moving the elements around does not affect the image, and changing the background color does still change the background but also does not change the little firework. I believe it's a .png with the alpha channel activated as the background and it just sits over the actual inner background allowing the color changing functionality to be maintained. As far as I can tell there is no way to edit it. 

So my question is: How was the look in this template actually achieved? Can I use it to my advantage when crafting emails? Currently, when I want image or text elements overlaid on a picture, pattern, or gradient, I have to craft it in photoshop or illustrator and place the entire thing as a jpeg in the email. If I could upload a custom inner background that I can type and place images over, like what I believe is happening in this template, it would greatly help me out making emails for my company

CC Email image Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @UPCDisplays ,

Some of the pre-built email templates will have inner background graphics that are hard-coded into them, similar to borders. At this time, these types of graphics can't really be edited. In your example, the background fill color can still be changed via the side gear button that shows when mousing over it. However the little bust graphic can't be removed without wholly removing the block.

This kind of hard-coding is only really available if you explicitly request a unique design via a custom design service order, or by coding your own email via the custom code editor

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator

Hello @UPCDisplays ,

Some of the pre-built email templates will have inner background graphics that are hard-coded into them, similar to borders. At this time, these types of graphics can't really be edited. In your example, the background fill color can still be changed via the side gear button that shows when mousing over it. However the little bust graphic can't be removed without wholly removing the block.

This kind of hard-coding is only really available if you explicitly request a unique design via a custom design service order, or by coding your own email via the custom code editor

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST