We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Custom Unsubscribe

LarissaM89
Participant

Custom Unsubscribe

Is it possible to custom the unsubscribe link? I want the ability to the option that the client can click on if they want to unsubscribe that would give them the ability to get fewer emails, not unsubscribe entirely. I see that they can update their profile, but that doesn't help if they already subscribed.

6 REPLIES 6
Brigitte_P
Employee

Hey there @LarissaM89 !

Although we don't have a feature like that currently when a contact clicks on the unsubscribe button, that is certainly a great idea and i'd love to bring that feedback to our team! Thank you for that awesome suggestion to add to our unsubscribe button.

Brigitte P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
RickR74
Regular Participant

Hi Everyone!

Along that same line, if there is a field in the customer Unsubscribe page asking WHY they are leaving, we need to see this, perhaps in the email notifying us. This would be critical feedback, if there is such a field. No?

Hello @RickR74 ,

You can ask for unsubscribers' reasons. It's an option that can be turned on/off in your settings, in the email footer section.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
RickR74
Regular Participant

Thanks William_D!

And now I see that it is indeed turned on (from years ago). But either we've not received a single comment (out of 45 Unsubscribes) or don't know where to look for those comments. It would be ideal to enable this and other fields in Contact Management to see there is something at first glance. Or to receive a notification such important information was just sent.

Hey @RickR74 , you can do all that as well.

You can turn on unsubscribe (and general overall subscription) notifications in your account to be automatically emailed to a verified address. You can also update the email address(es) this report is sent to on the same page.

Additionally, you can go to an individual email campaign's unsubscribe report to see the reasons provided, if any.

You can also export your overall unsubscription list (including unsubbed contacts you may have previously deleted) to see the reason they provided.

William D

RickR74
Regular Participant

Thanks William_D!

That is very helpful! 

Sadly I do not find an "Accept as Solution" button in the bottom-right of your post, nor in the vertical ellipses in the upper-right. I DID up-vote your response tho. (I'm using Chrome btw.)