Custom fields show in preview but are blank in the actual email when sent

SOLVED
Go to solution
SusanC25
Rookie
0 Votes

I'm sending an email with 4 custom fields. When I view this email in preview and insert a contact I see the contact's information and everything looks as it should. When I send the test email, the fields are blank when it's received.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @SusanC25,

Thank you for that information! Your custom fields will only appear in an email that is sent live to your contact list. Test sends will appear blank. I do apologize for any inconvenience. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @SusanC25,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! Those fields will be blank if you are seeing it to yourself and you don't have those fields entered under your contact information. Have any of your customers reported that they are blank for them as well? 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
SusanC25
Rookie
0 Votes

I do have the fields under my own contact and also under one other test contact.

When I look at it in preview it shows me the customized email for myself, my other test contact, and every name on the list it will be sent to. But when I actually send it to myself and the other test contact, in spite of the fact that the individualized info in those fields shows up in the preview, the fields are blank when they arrive in my and my test contact's inbox.

I've sent this identical email several years in a row and I've never had this problem.

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @SusanC25,

Thank you for that information! Your custom fields will only appear in an email that is sent live to your contact list. Test sends will appear blank. I do apologize for any inconvenience. 

Zoe H.

SusanC25
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank you Zoe!

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @SusanC25,

Of course, have a wonderful rest of your weekend! 

Zoe H.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 3
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 2:30 PM EST