Customers emails treating links as spam?

SOLVED
Go to solution
MissAAC
Rookie
0 Votes

My organization sends out regular emails which typically contain external links. Recently, a few members of our organization who receive our emails have contacted me to let me know that their email server thinks the links are spam. My IT team believes it's because of link redirectors and is concerned about the security implications. Is there anything I can do about this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MissAAC ,

This would be due to a security program refusing to open the tracking links, which are necessary for Compliance and reporting. I'm able to open tracked links from live-sent emails without any issue on both my personal and work devices, despite the myriad of VPNs, ad/pop-up blockers, and other security software between them, so it's just a matter of configuring your systems to accommodate. 

I'd advise reaching out to your IT to make sure our domains are getting safelisted, for your own internal systems to start with.

It would also likely help if you get your account setup for email self-authentication, based on your current domain. Sending any kind of internal comms through us without it may result in your emails being treated more harshly, since the email is actually coming from a third party (us) but claims to be coming from an internal address. Think of self-authentication as basically being a security clearance badge for your internal emails. Your IT can assist with getting your account setup for self-authentication.

If you have further questions about email authentication or self-authentication, I'd recommend speaking with our Delivery team directly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MissAAC ,

This would be due to a security program refusing to open the tracking links, which are necessary for Compliance and reporting. I'm able to open tracked links from live-sent emails without any issue on both my personal and work devices, despite the myriad of VPNs, ad/pop-up blockers, and other security software between them, so it's just a matter of configuring your systems to accommodate. 

I'd advise reaching out to your IT to make sure our domains are getting safelisted, for your own internal systems to start with.

It would also likely help if you get your account setup for email self-authentication, based on your current domain. Sending any kind of internal comms through us without it may result in your emails being treated more harshly, since the email is actually coming from a third party (us) but claims to be coming from an internal address. Think of self-authentication as basically being a security clearance badge for your internal emails. Your IT can assist with getting your account setup for self-authentication.

If you have further questions about email authentication or self-authentication, I'd recommend speaking with our Delivery team directly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST