The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

DMARC Reports

Highlighted
Occasional Organizer

DMARC Reports

All of a sudden I have begun receiving multiple DMARC reports back from client domains every night.  Most were in .gz files which I could not open.  I finally received one in XML and was able to open it and they are being generated from Constant Contact mail servers.  I have no idea why this started, what is causing it and CC's support team was unable to provide me with any assistance.  I have DKIM set up and it was working prior to a few weeks ago. 

Has anyone encountered this?  Any insight or suggestions?

Thanks,

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: DMARC Reports

Hello @BrittanieH7 ,

It looks like you already spoke with the Deliverability team, which provided some insight on some of your DKIM aspects that are triggering Global Block List (essentially suspended and requested block) bounced email addresses to return a report. In case you didn't get the email they sent regarding the DKIM setup, here's some insight from our end that might help fix whatever's triggering these reports to be sent to you:

------------

DMARC stands for “Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance”. It is an email authentication, policy, and reporting protocol that basically tells all of the internet world that unless the mail is legitimately coming specifically from your own domain, then the mail should be quarantined or rejected (i.e. filtered into the spam folder or bounced back).

The answer to this policy is to implement a DKIM (Domain Keys Identified Mail) key. DKIM is an email authentication technique that allows the receiver to check that an email was indeed sent and authorized by the owner of that domain. This is done by giving the email a digital signature. Adding the DKIM key to your DNS records is a critical step to this process, so that receiving servers can match this against the key we are signing your emails with. If your records do not have the key, the message will fail to send. Once the key is generated, you may be unable to send emails for up to 72 hours while the key propagates.

DKIM setup requires advanced access and knowledge of your domain settings and hosting services. Due to the complexity of different DNS providers we are unable to assist with the implementation of the DKIM key, however we are aware that some DNS providers may automatically add your domain to the TXT record by default. If this is the case for your DNS provider, the first half of the key as provided can be added to the Host Name/Record without your domain (for example, the Host Name/Record should be input as “2020201111._domainkey” instead of 2020201111._domainkey.domain@yourdomian). Here is a list of providers that may automatically add your domain to a TXT record:

GoDaddy
Hostgator
CloudFlare
Network Solutions
Amazon Route 53
Inmotion Hosting
WIX Bluehost
cPanel(WHM)
NS1
Media Temple
Codero
Enom

To proceed with setting up the self-authentication process, please review the information in the “Authentication Overview” article below; when you’re ready to generate the key please follow the instructions in the “Self-Publishing for Authentication” article . If you have any additional questions about the information provided above please give us a call back at the toll free number listed below and a representative will be able to assist you further.

Authentication Overview
Self-Publishing for Authentication

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured