Delete a Contact from your account

SOLVED
Go to solution
Andy2019
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

I deleted a list and indicated to delete the contacts too. Now the list is gone but the thousands of contacts remain even though they are not on any list. I need them deleted.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy2019
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

Yes I read the description. None of the contacts are included on other lists, which is why I asked about it. The situation resolved itself - after about 45 minutes the number of total contacts changed to reflect the deletions. It showed as completed in the list of Activities but apparently needed more time to be shown accurately.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Andy2019 ,

As the messaging will explicitly say when selecting the "Delete the lists and contacts" option, contacts in other lists not selected for deletion won't be deleted. 

contacts-tab-lists-tab-selected-multiple-lists-selected-delete-lists-overlay-delete-options-and-delete-button-step56.png

One potential way to easily round up these now free-floating contacts would be to go back to an email's report. You'd want the reporting page of one of the emails that you explicitly sent to just the list(s) deleted, and select-all the contacts in the sent report for deletion.

For more info on managing lists (including deleting)

See also:

Contact dashboard overview

Email reporting overview

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Andy2019
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

Yes I read the description. None of the contacts are included on other lists, which is why I asked about it. The situation resolved itself - after about 45 minutes the number of total contacts changed to reflect the deletions. It showed as completed in the list of Activities but apparently needed more time to be shown accurately.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST