Deleted contacts accidentally

Participant

Deleted contacts accidentally

Hello!

Instead of removing about 20 contacts from an email list, I deleted them. Now they are completely removed from all mailing lists. Is there a way to get them back or see the list so I can add them back in?

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @HeatherP196 

Thank you for reaching out about your contacts! I can understand how helpful it would be to recover any deleted contacts from an account. However I apologize, at this time there isn't an in account tool that can do this. We do however have upper level of support who can take a closer look into this. If possible, we would need an example of one of the contacts that was deleted to see what information we find. In some cases where the contacts could be recovered, it does cause you to lose any information your have uploaded or updated in your contacts since then. With that in mind, I can see you have uploaded and worked in your contacts since then. Were you able to add these contacts back into your account already? If so, the original list information would no longer be available.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Hi! A contact accidentally unsubscribed and we were trying to get them resubscribed.  In the process of try to get them resubscribed, the contact was accidentally deleted.  Now we cannot add the email back to our contacts.  What do we do?

Thanks!

Hello @KellyH048,

You will be able to add the unsubscribed contact back into your contact list like you would with a new email address, then you can find that contact under the unsubscribed list and manually resubscribe the contact.

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Regular Participant

Hi Zoe,

Thanks for the response.  Unfortunately, as I noted in my original question, the contact was DELETED not just unsubscribed.  Is there a way to add the deleted contact back to our list of contacts?  Thanks so much!

Hello @KellyH048 ,

You can just re-add the contact on its own. You don't even necessarily need to include the other contact fields, just the email address. Our system will recognize the email address (since that denotes unique contacts), and will pull all the old info when you re-add it to the list(s) it was a part of.

Adding a single contact on the classic Contact Management view.

Adding a single contact in the Contact Redesign Beta

William D

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Regular Participant

William D - Thank you for your reply.  When I try to add the deleted contact's email back, I receive the message "Please review the field below and correct any issues."   The email is highlighted with the message: "This email already exists in your account."    With these two messages, I am NOT able to re-add the contact.  The system does not allow me to add back a deleted email address, and I really need to do this, as it is a key contact and the email was deleted accidentally.  Your assistance is appreciated.

Hello @KellyH048 ,

If that's the case then the contact is already in your system - either unsubscribed or as an active contact. Try doing a search of your contacts by name or email address, and you should be able to find them.

William D

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Regular Participant

William D - I am not able to find the contact in any status in my system, but it will not allow me to add the person back.  I have searched all statuses of contacts and the person is not listed.  I search for the email and it's NOT FOUND, but when I try to add it, it says it already exists.  It's pretty important that I get this person back on the list.  Is there someone else who can review this situation and assist me?  The contact was accidentally DELETED and I cannot add them back as a contact.

thanks

Hello @KellyH048,

For troubleshooting purposes, can you please upload this email address from an Excel Spreadsheet and please let us know if that workaround is successful. Thank you! 

Zoe H.