Deleted contacts not coming off of segments list

Marisa_M
Marketing Legend

Hi, I use the segments feature to remove people from our email lists who are no longer affiliated with our organization. In doing so, I just ran a segment and deleted several people, and got the confirmation banner at the top of the page. However when I refresh the segment list, they are all still listed. If I go to the contacts list to look them up, though, they are no longer there. So they have been successfully deleted but the segments are not being refreshed. PLEASE FIX! It says right at the top of the segment screen to refresh in order to see a new list but that doesnt' actually work. I have tried in Firefox and Chrome so it is not a browser issue. It seems to be a caching issue on your server side.

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Marisa_M ,

Based on your account's import/export activity, I'm not seeing any contact deletions within the past week. I see a few contact removals from lists, but that's not deleting them from your account. Naturally, if the contacts removed from the lists still fit the criteria of the segment you've setup, then they'll still appear there because they're still in your account.

If you need reminders of how to delete contacts from your account

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Marisa_M
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Something is VERY wrong with your system.  I have deleted 183 people according to the report in YOUR system:

Marisa_M_0-1652789859073.png

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Were those 183 deleted in the last week?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Marisa_M
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

I don't know exactly how many of the 183 but yes a majority were in the last week. I don't delete contacts frequently but i was doing a clean up last week and that was what prompted this post.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST