We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Delivering emails

NickP373
Health Practitioners & Centers

Delivering emails

We have over 2000 on our email list yet only get 400 open the email I am thinking the emails are automatically going to junk

We use the same logo/ branding and the email address is From the name of the company/ brand

Need some help with this please as we have 1500 not receiving the emails

Thanks
1 REPLY 1
William_D

Hello @NickP373 ,

There's a myriad of reasons a contact may not open an email sent to them. It could be, as you suggested, an issue of deliverability - the contacts' domains / ISPs are filtering the emails from going through, delivering them to junk folders, bouncing the emails back, etc. It could also be an issue of the contacts simply not opening the emails - either deleting them without opening, ignoring them till much later in the week/month when they have time to check, or the emails getting lost amongst all the other ones they receive on a daily basis. It may also be that they or their email client is blocking images from coming through, which would prevent their opening of the email being tracked (more information on that in this article). 

My suggestion, after reviewing your bounces and determining what to do with them, would be to read up on some of our article regarding average industry open rates, as well as best practices for getting higher open rates.

You may also wish to reach out to our Deliverability team directly to see if they have any specific insight for you, or if you'd like assistance with setting up and understanding authentication (linked to higher deliverability and open rates overall).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.