Denied permission message

SOLVED
Go to solution
CIFMarketing0296
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

We have an email subscriber who has received a "permission denied" message when he clicks on a video link in our newsletter. I'm not sure if this is a user issue or something on Contact Contact's end. Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks! I've included his email below:

I clicked on the video link. It opened a browser and immediately in the URL displayed "permission denied" but almost as quickly that went away and redirected to the correct page. The video was displayed and I could click and watch the video on my phone.

I decided to check on my computer when I got home to see if my ad blocker (which doesn't exist on my phone) was the problem. However, I turned off the ad blocker and the link still failed. When I pasted the link into my browser at home I (of course) got the page and could watch the video. So it still seems to be all about how the r26.rs6.net link is passing the information through that my browser in windows 7 doesn't like, and my browser in android figure out how to bypass.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @CIFMarketing0296 ,

Unfortunately the only way around this, if links are blocked by an ad blocker extension, security app, or VPN, is to make sure our domains are safelisted in such programs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @CIFMarketing0296 ,

Unfortunately the only way around this, if links are blocked by an ad blocker extension, security app, or VPN, is to make sure our domains are safelisted in such programs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST