Determining Clicks

Occasional Participant

Determining Clicks

We've noticed an issue with our click tracking data. Some software will check email links to determine that they're safe, but this will register as "clicks" in our data. Of course, we know these clicks aren't real because all links are clicked at exactly the same time, but nonetheless, our data is really skewed! Is there a way for these fake, robot clicks to be factored out?

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @LynneE26 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I can understand how important the reporting on your campaigns is. You are however correct in some cases security systems will open emails, click links and download images before placing them in the contact's inbox. This engagement does track in our system. I apologize, at this time being able to filter out this engagement is not a feature we currently provide. While we do not have a time estimate of when this feature will be available, it is feature request we have tracked in your account.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

False click-through rate: We have also been observing the same problem with "robot click" security systems skewing our campaign response rates. We would be most grateful if Constant Contact could find a way to filter them out!

Occasional Participant

Hello Frankie,

Sorry, I just realized it was my staff logging in as me, who wrote to you earlier!

Lynne

Hi @LynneE26 

Thanks for sharing this clarification with us! The good news is we have successfully tracked the feature request this thread is focused on. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with in the meantime.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.