Different Pop Up Forms on Different Web Pages

SOLVED
Go to solution
ResourceCentral
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Hi there,

I'm new to using Pop Up Forms and am curious about having multiple Pop Up Forms.

Our team has 2 different pop up forms for different programs. However, when I copy the "Universal Code" and input it into our website code, it's code for both pop up forms.

Is there any way to have individual code for each pop up? On Constant Contact it mentions something like the following, but I'm not sure how to go about executing.

A Pop-up Sign-up Form is embedded into the HTML code in your website or blog and pops into view after a specific amount of time so that you can collect sign-ups as people view your website. The form can be added to any webpage, added to multiple webpages, and you can even create and customize multiple forms for different pages of your website — but first, you need to customize the content, choose the information you want to collect from your sign-ups, and set the timing for when you want it to pop

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Frankie_P

Hi @ResourceCentral 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I can understand how helpful Specific code for Pop Up Sign Up forms/support multiple popups. However at this time the universal code is supplied does not allowing users to specify the Pop Up form that appears. Being able to Specific code for Pop Up Sign Up forms/support multiple popups is a feature request we have tracked in your account and submitted to our Product Team.

For any other customers that come across this post and would like to have this available in accounts, please vote or comment on this idea here located on our Feedback boards instead of commenting on this post. Your interactions with that post help to influence future decisions.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Frankie_P

Hi @ResourceCentral 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I can understand how helpful Specific code for Pop Up Sign Up forms/support multiple popups. However at this time the universal code is supplied does not allowing users to specify the Pop Up form that appears. Being able to Specific code for Pop Up Sign Up forms/support multiple popups is a feature request we have tracked in your account and submitted to our Product Team.

For any other customers that come across this post and would like to have this available in accounts, please vote or comment on this idea here located on our Feedback boards instead of commenting on this post. Your interactions with that post help to influence future decisions.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
NOCCAandNOCCAFoundation
Campaign Expert

This is a massive shortcoming with the pop-up feature. I have several websites, and I want to customize the sign-up language for each one. That's not possible with Constant Contact's current configuration. 

PIA9
Campaign Collaborator

I'm very disappointed that this is not an option.

CCoE
Campaign Contributor

Agreed. This is basic list building 101: we need to be able to send different website visitors to different lists based on the form on which they sign up.

ElizaB3
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Any progress of Constant Contact making this a feature? It would be very helpful to be able to have different pop-ups on different websites instead of just a universal code. 

Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @ElizaB3 , 

I completely understand the need for additional pop-up forms to have on multiple websites. Although this is not available at the moment, it is a feature request that our engineering team is tracking. I'd be happy to track this on your Constant Contact account and have them reach back out to you at the email address on file if it is a feature that is implemented in the future. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care

CommandersPalaceL
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello, I am trying to help address an issue with the popup. When reading this documentation here, the alert noted to the section "Install the sign-up form code on a website" says you can use the popup form and inline form but not on the same pages...

https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/18053-activating-and-installing-you...

However, there is an issue. It seems that if you have a popup form that triggers automatically the universal code also shows the popup on the inline code. The problem is that the popup and the inline share the same exact universal code, so I don't think it knows how to tell the difference (why it's showing both, even though I just want to show inline). I also don't see any kind of setting in the code or builder that says "show on this url" kind of thing.

Thanks 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST