Differing "click" count in Constant Contact and Facebook Ad Manager

Highlighted
Retail

Differing "click" count in Constant Contact and Facebook Ad Manager

Hi, 

I am new to Constant Contact.  Have been running lead generation ad on facebook/instagram for 6 weeks.

Confused by reporting.  Both Constant Contact and Facebook Ad Manager show about 48000 impressions and $150 spend.

But Facebook shows 367 clicks, Constant Contact shows 612 clicks ... and we only have 130 contacts.  This doesn't make sense to me.  Landing page shows 534 visits.

Is this normal?  Should I be correcting something somewhere?

Thanks for any insight,

Shelley

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Differing "click" count in Constant Contact and Facebook Ad Manager

Hello @shelleys104 ,

There can sometimes be delays in Facebook's reporting to us, but if there are ever any interruptions caused by them updating their API, it can also cause some discrepancies in our reporting numbers. For these reasons it may be best to look at the numbers being provided on the Facebook side via their Business Ad manager. This will also provide you with a way to download the leads / contacts generated, and ensure they're able to be added to your account.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Retail

Ok, so I will believe the facebook numbers which are about 60% of constant contact.

Not sure what you mean by "This will also provide you with a way to download the leads / contacts generated, and ensure they're able to be added to your account."

Our contact list is only 20% of facebook clicks ... so does this mean only one in five who click bother to give us their email address?  Or is there some other issue to resolve?

Thanks for help,

Shelley

Highlighted

Hello @shelleys104 ,

That would be correct. Some people who click the ads do so erroneously, and may end us leaving the page before putting in and submitting their info. They may also be people who are already contacts who tried to sign up again.

Additionally, what I mean by "This will also provide you with a way to download the leads / contacts generated, and ensure they're able to be added to your account," is that Facebook's business ad manager should give you the ability to manually download those leads from their end as a CSV or XLS file, which can then be uploaded into our system. This is traditionally the workaround if Facebook is unable to communicate all the leads and contacts generated over to our end automatically.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Register for our "Making Sense of Online Marketing for Education" Webinar

Join us on Thursday, August 27th at 2pm ET for a free one-hour webinar where we will be covering how to incorporate online marketing into your educational marketing strategy.

Read More
Featured