Do I need to switch providers to get a decent looking monthly update?

SOLVED
Go to solution
AnneMarieE7
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

I struggle each month with my organizational monthly update because:

1.  Adequate photo captions are not possible; either the padding around a text box makes the caption look bad or it being impossible to add a caption to a text wrapped image.

2. Inability to edit the mobile view resulting in a less than desirable aesthetic.  

Will these issues be revised or is it time to switch? I hate to switch as we have been here since 2015 but I am tired of looking bad because of Constant Contacts limitations. Please Constant Contact give me an honest reply.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @AnneMarieE7 , 

I do apologize that you are having trouble getting the email to look how you want it to. This basically all comes down to mobile responsiveness - we do not allow captions on text-wrapped images because the code is not very mobile responsive, and we stack the blocks on mobile because it is mobile responsive. The best workaround for the caption issue would be to have the caption be a part of the photo itself. The best way to avoid stacking on mobile would be to avoid using multi-column layouts. 

We do have open feature requests for both adding a caption and turning off the mobile stacking, so I can certainly tag both of those on your account and have our technical team reach back out to you with any updates we have on those requests. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @AnneMarieE7 , 

I do apologize that you are having trouble getting the email to look how you want it to. This basically all comes down to mobile responsiveness - we do not allow captions on text-wrapped images because the code is not very mobile responsive, and we stack the blocks on mobile because it is mobile responsive. The best workaround for the caption issue would be to have the caption be a part of the photo itself. The best way to avoid stacking on mobile would be to avoid using multi-column layouts. 

We do have open feature requests for both adding a caption and turning off the mobile stacking, so I can certainly tag both of those on your account and have our technical team reach back out to you with any updates we have on those requests. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST