Document Links Show Up as Attachments in Gmail

MollyW328
Rookie
0 Votes

I have embedded links in my newsletter to four (4) PDF's hosted on Google Drive.

When I send a test email to my gmail account, the linked documents are attached to the test email

and the links are inactive. When I send the test to my Outlook account, the links are active.

Did I miss a setting when I posted the documents to the Google Drive?

3 REPLIES 3
Brigitte_P
Employee
0 Votes

Hey there @MollyW328 !

It appears Gmail has made some updates  and when pdf documents are linked within an email campaign but hosted on Google Drive, Gmail will display these linked documents as attachments below the actual email content.  This is functionality in Gmail but not Outlook.

It does look like you were able to resolve this with one of our chat agents! Let us know if you still need any assistance with this, we're more than happy to help!

Brigitte P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
SamuelS5298
Rookie
0 Votes
I am having this same problem. When I send a link, Gmail also sends an attachment. How do I stop it from sending the attachment?
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

This is unfortunately how Gmail will work if your doc links are brought over directly from Google docs, rather than uploaded into your CTCT account's library.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST