Domain Transfer: Managing DNS information

Occasional Organizer

Domain Transfer: Managing DNS information

When transferring a current domain to Constant Contact, will the current nameservers/DNS/etc associated to the domain remain as-is? I was unable to locate resources on managing DNS information. Our goal is to transition the domain registration to Constant Contact on a paid plan, and continue using the old hosting location until the Constant Contact-hosted web site is ready to publish, at which point the records would be updated to point to CC's servers.

I'm trying to avoid a situation where the domain is transferred and the site is unavailable until the new one is ready.

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Domain Transfer: Managing DNS information

Hello @CUSTOMERS69961,

Sorry if our resources for this question were missing or hard to find, we can definitely help you out with a smooth Domain Transfer to Constant Contact! Whenever a domain is transferred from one registrar to another, the Name Servers (and the DNS Records) will be set to the default records of that new Registrar. So the Name Servers, A Record (Controls Website) and MX Records (Controls Email Delivery) will all be set to Constant Contact records. What we can do is set your name servers to point back to your current host, before the transfer fully processes, so that when the transfer does complete, our systems will tell the internet to continue to look at your old hosting provider for the information requested. We know this can be a lot, so please feel free to contact our 24/7 chat support or our Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM EST phone support team if you have any questions!

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.