Download error when linking to a document

TracyB6169
Participant

Download error when linking to a document

I am having a problem linking documents to an email from the Constant Contact library. When sending an email with a document attached, some of the recipients are not able to download the document. We prefer to host the file in the CC library and use document linking as noted in this post. It was suggested by Constant Contacts customer service that the problem may be a setting in the recipient's browser i.e. popup settings, but we have ruled that out as the issue. All recipients are also using PCs and Google Chrome as their browser.

1 REPLY 1
William_D

Hello @TracyB6169 ,

Have the affected contacts checked their Chrome security settings to make sure there's nothing preventing them from accessing / downloading the documents? We've seen some recent issues where Chrome users with highly stringent security and document access settings - either explicitly selected or by default - have issues with accessing documents.

I'd recommend having your affected contacts check their Chrome settings, and also try clearing their Chrome's cache (just cached images and files selected).

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.