It was recently brought to my attention that many of the links we have been sending out in company emails are no longer downloading properly for many people. After some troubleshooting, I seem to have narrowed down the problem to being a Google Chrome related issue. When testing an email, every link works perfectly, but once the email blast is officially sent out and the links are replaced with Constant Contact tracking links, zip, xls, csv, etc. will no longer download. In fact, the only links that do work are ones that link directly to a web page or viewable PDF.
I am able to click and download those links from any phone and other browsers I've tried, but not from Google Chrome. We also noted that if you right-click and grab the link, then paste into a new window, that works as well. As so many people use Chrome, this can be a big issue for our email recipients. I found another forum post detailing a Google Chrome security update that was causing some problems, which I think could be related. Also, this problem persists across all browser email domains that have been tried (Outlook, Gmail, Hotmail).
Please advise if there is something we need to do in our Account, or if this is something Constant Contact is working on fixing.