Dragging building blocks not working

DianeB0302
Occasional Participant

Dragging building blocks not working

I'm trying to send the first emails of the new year. When I grab a block to drag it into the email, nothing happens. The block doesn't get "picked up" and there is no bright pink line. Likewise, if I'm trying to reorder the existing blocks, I'm not able to move them either. I haven't touched Constant Contact since before Christmas. This problem exists with copying and editing an old email, starting a new email from scratch, and is not fixed by closing and restarting Constant Contact. I have to schedule a whole weeks' worth of emails so this is quite tedious.

Help!!

Diane

6 REPLIES 6
Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @DianeB0302,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I apologize that dragging and dropping is currently not working. Can you please try on a different browser to troubleshoot this? Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
RichardR040
Retail

I have the same problem today. It was working fine last week. Any ideas?

Hello @RichardR040 ,

Typically we've seen this issue resolved with either a browser update, cache clear (just images and files, not passwords or cookies), router restart, or similar connectivity troubleshooting. It's generally tied to your internet speed, but can also be affected by any browser or device addons / programs that might interfere with elements of our site, such as VPNs, security programs, or ad/pop-up blockers, so it may be worth checking those as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Thanks William. I cleared the cache and re-started and it now works. Our internet speed is lousy at the best of times and at the moment I'm trying to work alongside 2 kids doing homeschooling during UK lock-down. So I guess that's what's causing the trouble.

DianeB0302
Occasional Participant

I did several things so I'm not exactly sure which step solved the problem. Mainly, though, I cleared the cache and restarted my computer. I could not replicate the problem when I tried using incognito mode so it was probably clearing the cache the did the trick. I haven't had any recurrence of the problem since then.

Thanks Diane. I cleared the cache and re-started and it now works. Please also see the reply from William-D above.