Duplicate a contact list

SOLVED
Go to solution
DeniseD2911
Rookie
0 Votes

Is there a simple way to make a second copy of a contact list?

I am sending a second round of invitations to an event, and want to remove the people who have already RSVP'ed that they are coming or who have sent their regrets (i.e., are not able to attend).  The simplest solution might be to create a copy of the original list and then remove the people who have already responded one way or the other.  Then I could just delete that "copied list" altogether after I send the second, reminder invitation to people we have yet to hear from.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @DeniseD2911,

Yes, you can absolutely do it that way by manually removing everyone who responded if you would like. Another option is to select the "Email non-responders" option within the Event itself. Click here for steps on how that is done. Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @DeniseD2911,

Yes, you can absolutely do it that way by manually removing everyone who responded if you would like. Another option is to select the "Email non-responders" option within the Event itself. Click here for steps on how that is done. Thanks! 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
ASQLA
Rookie
0 Votes

I still need to learn how to make a duplication of a list I want to modify.  But I still want to keep the original mailing list as well.  Can someone please answer the original question which is how to duplicate a mailing list?  

Thank You

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ASQLA ,

To duplicate a list, simply select-all the contacts in the list you want to copy, Actions > Add to list > Create a new list and assign the contacts to the new one. For full instructions and visual guidance, please see our article on moving contacts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST