We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Earthlink

Jim.Schratz
Participant

Earthlink

Earthlink is bouncing all my emails.  I've contacted them but they have not fixed it.  This happened in mid August as well.  They fixed it but it broke again a week ago.  Any ideas on what to do?

1 REPLY 1
William_D

Hello @Jim.Schratz ,

I spoke with a member of the review/deliverability team, and they pointed out that "Earthlink has a very strict rate limiting procedure they use." Essentially what this means is Earthlink is an ISP that limits (throttles) the amount of emails they accept from a particular sender during a specified period of time. If you try to send email above their acceptable threshold, they will reject your email - resulting in a high number of bouncebacks. This is email throttling and is also referred to as a “deferral.”

This refusal to deliver your mail is usually temporary, but it depends on the situation. When your emails are throttled, you will get a message that says something like “user is receiving mail at too great a rate right now, please try again later,” or “user’s mailbox is over quota." Ultimately, it has nothing to do with our system's ability to send and deliver to Earthlink. It's an issue of their system processing too many emails and just cutting off delivery in general. This can be particularly potent during busier email periods, such as election seasons or major holidays.

If you're wanting the logs for these bounces, to learn more about Earthlink's deferrals / throttling, or for advice about best sending times for Earthlink addresses, I'd suggest reaching out to our Review / Deliverability team.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.