Edit Preheader for mobile?

ErikaG1155
Regular Participant

Edit Preheader for mobile?

Only recently from mobile, the “you don’t want to miss this” has started showing up on ALL my campaigns! I only create from mobile & this can not be edited out?! UNACCEPTABLE, as it now makes EVERY CC email UNPROFESSIONAL! Please fix this NOW. It is only recently it has been happening & I see here it has been a request for over a YEAR on this forum?! I don’t want to be “added to a list” to request this “fix”, as it only started happening! I want a MOBILE-FRIENDLY SOLUTION. If not, please let me know, ASAP, as I will switch companies. This obnoxious, UNREQUESTED “pre-header” is a deal breaker.
7 REPLIES 7
Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @ErikaG1155,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! That is a default preheader that will always appear after your subject line in most email clients if you do not remove it. You can edit and remove the preheader in the editor by selecting it on top of your screen where you also edit the subject line, or you can edit and remove it on the scheduling page. Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
ErikaG1155
Regular Participant

I don’t see where in mobile version this is possible?

Hello @ErikaG1155,

I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but you will want to log in on a computer and edit it where you edit your subject line. 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
ErikaG1155
Regular Participant

My understanding from another thread regarding this issue is exactly that: I create & send from mobile. If I create from mobile I don’t think it can go into desktop to edit. More importantly, that’s why I create & send from mobile. So, therefore: there is no mobile solution & no plans to correct this on mobile?

Hello @ErikaG1155,

We do completely understand how important it is to edit your campaigns on a mobile device. For the preheader, some customers have had success with opening the email in the browser on their mobile device and editing the preheader that way, then saving the campaign and going back to the app to finish editing the campaign. We are currently working on updates with editing your campaigns on a mobile device and I am putting you in the queue to be notified when this feature has been implemented.  

Zoe H.

ErikaG1155
Regular Participant

Thank you. It is not *important*; it is ESSENTIAL. I live in a rural area where the only connection is hotspot; therefore my only option is mobile. If mobile CC loses its functionality, it becomes of no value to me as a customer of exactly 5 years. This only started happening as of 3/28/21 campaigns, so it wasn’t shoved in there before. If it is not remedied soon, I will need to find another company. Thank you. P.S. You don’t want to miss this.

Hello @ErikaG1155,

Yes, we do completely understand. Thank you for your feedback! 

Zoe H.